Eva constantly asks when we can have a campfire. And a campout. She is obsessed with roasting marshmallows and sleeping in a tent.
Last night Dave made hamburgers on the grill and when he was finished with the coals, he dumped them into the firepit for a quick and easy campfire.
While Dave took the girls around the yard, hunting for long roasting sticks, I gathered up graham crackers and marshmallows. (Instead of Hershey bars, we used chocolate coins that the Easter bunny had brought.)

Well, Eva was in heaven. The smile on her face says it all.

She was just sooo thrilled to be holding her stick over the fire. After about 30 seconds of holding her marshmallow 2 feet from the fire, she announced that her marshmallow was done and she was ready to eat it. We insisted that it wasn't quite done yet; it had to be brown.
But in typical Eva fashion, she refused. She wanted a "white marshmallow, not a burned one" and there was no convincing her otherwise. Although later on, I gave her a bite of my toasty brown one and I think she may have been swayed.
Amanda approved of her traditional s'more. Two thumbs up!

And what did Liam think of his first s'more? Well, I think he liked it...

Until he got the sticky mess all over his fingers, that is. Like his mama, he apparently does not like messes at all!

Until he got the sticky mess all over his fingers, that is. Like his mama, he apparently does not like messes at all!
Sitting around the campfire was a nice relaxing end to our Saturday. I have a feeling we'll be doing this again soon. After all, we still have half a bag of marshmallows left, and you can bet Eva won't let us forget that.
1 comment:
I love your comments, Carrie, when Liam is getting sticky. I would be saying the same thing! Ugghhh!! Very cute, though. :)
Post a Comment