And I was right - it was awesome!

You can see the red paddlewheel behind us. (We had to have our picture taken behind the bar in order for the paddlewheel to be in the photo, so please excuse all the bottles of booze surrounding us!) Dave was surprised that the paddlewheel was actually functional, but it turns out that it's the only way the boat moves!

We departed from Plymouth Harbor at 7:00 pm, just before sunset. I didn't realize it was a narrated tour, so that was a nice bonus. It was very interesting to learn more about our area.

This lighthouse was actually hit by a cannonball, shot by the British when they were aiming for a fort in the colony.


I sipped my Savignon Blanc, Dave enjoyed his Leinenkugel's beer (in anticipation of the Wisconsin trip) and we watched the sun go down. I highly recommend this tour if you are ever in the area.
No comments:
Post a Comment