Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year.  I was so proud of our kids, especially the way they understood the joy of giving rather than receiving.  They couldn't wait for everyone to open the gifts that they had hand-picked.

The sibling gifts were all right on.. Liam had picked out charm bracelets and a charm for his sisters, which they absolutely loved.  Amanda got light-up monster trucks for Liam... and for Eva, a puppy paint by number project as well as a crocheted charm bracelet.  Eva bought a race track and cars for Liam (that she could not wait to give him!) and different colored yarn for Amanda and all of her crochet projects. I was over the moon with my new speaker from Dave, and he got a top of the line knife set that he loved.

The best part of the day was the zillions of hugs that went on between everyone in the family.  So much love...  As I awoke this morning, I realized how proud I am of our kids... and how much I am looking forward to my vacation time with them. 

They are amazing little human beings, and I am so proud to call them our kids.

To steal Amanda's words, "This was the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER." 

Here are some photos of the day's highlights:

Christmas Eve

The Harry Potter and Star Wars Pop Up books were a hit with the girls.  Liam loved his Transformer Rescue Bots.
Gift opening came to a dead halt after we opened the books from Grandma Jo...
Real light sabers in the pop up book!?

Christmas Day

Opening Liam's homemade gift
Dave hit the nail on the head with this book for Eva!
Ready for Christmas dinner: German Rouladen, red cabbage, potato dumplings and the works!
Omi made bathrobes for the girls out of the fabric they picked for themselves.
A new construction vehicle!!!
The men and the kids had so much fun playing Frogger.  Eva beat Uncle Jason in every game!

2 comments:

Fortunate One said...

I can't wait to play with Liam's truck!

Fortunate One said...

Those are stunning bathrobes, and one-of-a-kind. Good work, Omi.