Saturday, November 22, 2014

Girls Day: Christmas crafts

Amanda has gotten to the point where she is now going back and reading all of my blog posts from the very beginning.  It is nice to know that this day has finally come, since the initial purpose of the blog was to document family happenings. 

However, my blog has slowed to a near halt in recent years due to the business that occurs within a family of five.  Amanda has been after me to post more, so I will try to do better.

Today Dave (Daddy) and Liam planned a 'boys day' with Uncle Jason and Nick, which by default left us with a 'girls day.'  The boys were headed to the Museum of Science in Boston, and we had planned for a day of Christmas crafts. 

We got a lot done, and boy... did we have fun doing it!  Despite it being only Nov. 22nd, we had the Christmas music playing and we were in the holiday spirit.

I can't share many of the photos, since most of what we did were family Christmas gifts, but here are some sneak previews.

Liam got to join in on the fun before he left...

Eva: hard at work.

Amanda works on one of her surprises...

While the girls worked on their gifts, I got creative making 'spa kits' for my two best friends.

A lamp found at Saver's

I jazzed it up with glittery white tissue paper and irredescent snowflakes.

Add a flameless candle and voila! (Although this photo makes it look way more yellow than it really is.)

My 'friends spa kit": a mug, chocolate bar, tea bags, bath salts, pedicure brush, lantern, and an ornament
If you are fortunate enough to be one of the recipients of these crafts, know that they were made with lots of love and hard work.  (And fun!) 

I think we'll need to schedule more of these girls' crafting days in the future!

No comments: