Friday, May 23, 2014

Citizenship Award

A few weeks ago, I received a phone call from Amanda's teacher.  She wanted to let me know that the entire class had voted on the annual Citizenship Award, and Amanda was the female recipient.  There would be a special ceremony during the Monday morning exercises, and we were invited to attend but had to keep it a secret.

It is difficult when your child receives an award that honors respect and kindness, and not be able to tell them how proud of them you are. 

This morning, Dave, Liam and I showed up for the Awards Ceremony in the school gymnasium, carefully making sure that Amanda didn't see us.  When the principal announced Amanda's name, I could tell that she was surprised.  It was only until after the awards were presented that Amanda noticed us standing against the wall, and she gave a shy, little wave.


A citizenship award is something that makes Dave and I very proud. That's what it's all about.

Way to go, Amanda!

No comments: