Here are some photos from Amanda's Moving Up Ceremony. She's been at the same elementary school for six years, and next year she'll be heading to the Middle School.
Amanda received a Band Award and a Presidential Award for Academic Excellence. Awesome job, Amanda!
Amanda with her teacher
Amanda and Omi
That night, we gave her the Dr. Seuss book 'Oh the Places You'll Go.' Her expression was priceless as she opened the book and discovered that ALL of her previous teachers had written heartfelt messages to her!
Little did she know, I had been having her teachers write in the book going all the way back to her first year of Preschool, when she was just three years old. (I am so very glad that I saw this pricless idea on Pinterest way back then!)
We also gave her a FitBit Flex to go along with the "places you'll go" theme....and hopefully promote an active summer at the same time.
We could not be more proud of the young lady she is becoming.


No comments:
Post a Comment