Thursday, May 28, 2009

Big News


I have always said that I did not want to be pregnant after age 35. For me, it was just a magic number.

Yesterday, exactly 1 week before my 36th birthday, I received this news:


I called up to Dave and asked him to come downstairs. He came down a few minutes later, and I showed him the positive test.

His exact words were,"How did THAT happen?" And then we just hugged.

I had actually taken a test the morning before, but it was inconclusive. Even the control window was left blank. When I took a second test the next day, there was no doubt about it. I think the positive sign appeared within seconds!

I went through a fair amount of shock and a tiny bit of nervousness, wondering if we had done the right thing. But seeing how happy Dave was made me feel a lot better.

Today, I feel completely at peace. I had been struggling with the decision to have a third child for quite a while, but knew that Dave really wanted just one more. Now that the decision has been made, I can just relax and accept it.

I have my first appointment next Friday, June 6th and it will be nothing more than a dating ultrasound. The following Friday, I will have my first appointment with a midwife.

I feel great! I have tons of energy. At my physical last month, my doctor gave me a clean bill of health and the green light to try for another baby. I feel like I am in good shape, and just recently got to my goal weight.

I am thinking the due date will be at the end of January, but I'll wait for the official word on that.

We will wait to tell family members until our Wisconsin trip at the end of June/early July. We will probably tell the girls at the same time and I'm sure they'll be thrilled!! We'll tell our friends after we return home from our big summer road trip.

No comments: