Monday, May 4, 2009

Kitchen and Master Bedroom Progress

We finished painting the kitchen this weekend and are happy with the final color. It's hard to tell here, but we ended up with a light, cucumber green shade.


Here's how it looks against the oak cabinets.


Yesterday Dave and Jason pulled up the blue, industrial type carpeting in our bedroom. And for once, we were pleased with what we uncovered. The wood floors that Dave's dad had originally put in are in great shape and will just need a coat of varnish to protect them.

Also this weekend, Dave built a platform for our bed to go on. Once the floor has been varnished, we can finally get the bed up off the floor. I am very excited about that, although it may take a few days to get used to those low eaves!

The room feels bigger and brighter now. I suggested painting the walls a cool, sky blue color because I thought it would be calming... but Dave is pretty burned out on painting right now and wasn't too receptive. This room used to be my piano studio and I liked the pinkish purple color a lot better then. I'm kind of tired of it now, but I guess Dave is right. Why create more work for ourselves when we already have a lengthy list?

Here are some before and after photos:

No comments: