
Last weekend, Amanda, Eva and I had the opportunity to go blueberry picking with our good friends. We had such a fun time!
It was a hot day with very little shade, but the girls never once complained during the 2 hours we were there!
Eva takes a rest with Kim.
Between the girls and I, we managed to pick nearly 6 pounds of berries, most of which I froze so we could enjoy them all year long.
So far we have enjoyed a blueberry upside-down cake, blueberry pancakes, and blueberries & cream oatmeal. I have a few other recipes that look promising.
There is just nothing like fresh blueberries, and the ones from the farm are sooo much better than what you find in a grocery store! I think we may try going one more time as a family before the season ends.



No comments:
Post a Comment