Monday, August 3, 2009

How Amanda Spent "Quiet Time" today...

Last week, I pulled my old keyboard out of the closet in hopes of selling it on Craigslist.

When Amanda saw it, she became very excited, so I let her play around with it (wearing headphones!) during Quiet Time.

Among the 100+ pre-recorded songs, she found the theme from "Star Wars." That afternoon, she played it over and over again. The next day, she asked to "play the organ" again and so I let her.

Today, for the 4th day in a row, she has asked to spend Quiet Time with the keyboard. I am glad that she is showing such interest!

However, I have been working in the next room and have heard nothing but the "Star Wars" theme for the past 30 minutes!! (Perhaps I should plug the headphones back in or put a pair on myself!)

I just peeked into the room, and this is what I found:



Endless spinning, mixed in with an occasional hitching up of the capri's. (This is why she always wears dresses.)

And as soon as the song ends, it begins again... in a continuous loop.

I think I am going to go nuts.

But on the flip side, at least she's quiet!

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

Amanda obviously doesn't suffer from motion sickness, so I hope we can assume that the genetic predisposition is either not present, or just dormant and waiting to rear its ugly head. She gets the pants hitch from her grandmother.