Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkins

Eva posing with the giant pumpkin outside of her gymnastics facility

We carved our pumpkins last weekend... and took the easy way out instead of carving detailed stenciled pictures on large pumpkins as we have done in year's past. (Call us lazy!)

On your mark... get set....

Dave and I each carved a small pumpkin, while the girls painted their even smaller pumpkins. Small is good... less pumpkin guts to get rid of!

...Go!

Having the girls paint while we worked with our knives proved to be another good idea! It kept them busy and we all finished at about the same time.


Next year, I will try a tip that I read on a blog: cut the bottom of the pumpkin out rather than the top. Remove the guts from the bottom and leave the stem intact. When you want to light it, simply light a candle and put the pumpkin over the top. The candle will be on a flat surface and the pumpkin won't roll around. Brilliant idea!

No comments: