Not "Hello"... or "How are you this morning?"
And it wasn't just once. It actually happened on two separate occasions!
Both times, it took me by surprise. Believe it or not, there are still times when I half-forget that I'm pregnant.
But then it hit me. I am in the 3rd Trimester now! Of course people are going to notice my protruding belly by this stage of the game!
And just this morning, Dave walked into the room and said,"Wow, you're really starting to look pregnant now!"
But he quickly followed up with,"You look great!"
Smart man.
Here I am at 28 weeks.
According to the nifty program Dave wrote, the countdown to Baby #3's arrival is 82 days. (An ironic palindrome to 28 weeks, eh?)
I bought newborn diapers this morning, which again is ironic because I have just recently stopped buying Pull-Ups for Eva. One gets out of diapers, and the next one will be in them soon!
I have to admit, I'm feeling great! The time is flying by and with the upcoming holidays, I have a feeling it's going to go by even faster.
The girls are both getting very anxious to meet this baby. We have been reading several books about welcoming a new baby into the family.
This morning Eva wanted to sing Rock a Bye baby to "it" and demanded,"Open your tummy, Mama." Last night, Amanda asked how much longer it would be until the baby comes out and said that she's getting tired of waiting. They both talk to my belly or sing lullabies. It makes it much more special to experience it all through their eyes.
They're going to be wonderful big sisters, I just know it.
1 comment:
Great photo, hon. Someone reminded me that I should get started on a baby quilt. Any suggestions about colors, designs, size, etc? Maybe I'll have time over the Christmas holidays but it wouldn't hurt to get organized before then.
I can see why it would seem like a long wait for Eva and Amanda. After all, it's three changes of seasons to experience.
I'm relieved to hear that you are feeling well. I missed talking to you this weekend. My fault . . .
Love, MOM
Post a Comment