Liam did very well at his 2 month check-up yesterday, although he wasn't at all pleased about being there.
From the time I got him undressed to weigh/measure him, he screamed his little heart out. He briefly calmed down when the pediatrician and even smiled a little and cooed, but that was short-lived. As soon as the doctor began checking his eyes, ears and every other part, Liam's body became as stiff as a board and screamed until his face was bright red.
Then came the shots. One in each leg and then an oral Rotavirus syrup, which he was very reluctant to swallow.
But within 10 seconds of being held, he was back to his old, calm self.
His statistics kind of threw us for a loop because for the first time ever with ANY of our kids, his weight percentile was higher than his height! (Just barely, but still...) He is now 12 pounds, 1 ounce... a pound more than Eva was at this age, and a full 2 pounds more than Amanda. That puts him in the 60th percentile for weight.
He only grew half an inch since his last appointment, one month ago. He is 23 inches, or the 53rd percentile - right where the girls were at this age.
His head is still on the small side... 12th percentile.
It's so funny how the same genes can create such different results. With the girls, their height was always in the 80-90th percentile while their weight was closer to 40-50th percentile.
But he's a healthy little guy, no concerns or problems. His eczema has cleared up, other than a little bit on his upper chest, so that's good news.
Lately he has been chewing on his fists a lot. He actually prefers that over a pacifier and I wonder if this could be the beginning of teething. Amanda got her first tooth at 5 months old and was drooling heavily for months before that. (Sadly, I don't remember when Eva got her first tooth.. but I think I wrote it down somewhere.)
And now, I am going to finish my tea and wait for the kids to wake up. We are going to an Easter Egg Hunt this morning and then it's off to the airport to pick up Grandma Jo. She is arriving 5 hours earlier than I thought, a very nice surprise!
No comments:
Post a Comment