Sunday, August 1, 2010

Overwhelmed!

Overwhelmed doesn't seem like strong enough a word for how I am feeling right now!

So why do I have time to post a blog entry?

The truth is, I DON'T have time... but I need a break. This packing and cleaning is very tiring. My entire family is asleep, but I am hours away from hitting the hay. If I don't get this finished tonight, I know my mind will just spin and buzz all night long!

Our plan is to leave at the crack of dawn on Tuesday. We have the trip (approximately 1200 miles) divided into three 400 mile segments. Our goal for the first night is Lewisburg, PA. Hopefully we can check into a hotel by 3 or 4:00 so the kids can get some physical activity in before bedtime. We hope to arrive at Mom's house sometime Thursday evening, which just happens to be Amanda's 5th birthday. (She is very excited about spending her birthday at Grandma's house.)

Assuming we have internet access in the hotels, I will keep you posted as to our whereabouts.

Wish us luck as we embark on this adventure. We are trying to take it easy this time around and just enjoy the journey.

No comments: