After years of begging, Amanda finally started Dance Class a few weeks ago.
I looked into several dance studios but was turned off by many of them because they seemed too serious. Spending several hundred dollars on outfits, shoes and various costumes seemed a little over the top to me.
Instead, I chose a smaller studio here in our town. It is run by an Elementary school teacher out of her own home. The classes are small, just five girls, so it seemed like the perfect fit.
Classes are an hour long every Saturday morning. The girls have 20 minutes of creative movement, 20 minutes of ballet and 20 minutes of tap. I wish I could be a fly on the wall during classtime, but I'll have to wait until the end of the year recital.
Amanda loves it so far and that's all that really matters. It's a good outlet for her and is a good compliment to piano lessons. She keeps asking when she'll be able to dance to "Swan Lake."


No comments:
Post a Comment