Friday, September 3, 2010

Hurricane Earl?

They've been talking about Hurricane Earl all week.

Dave took the kids down to Rexhame Beach the other night and reported really high waves. The kids told me all about the surfers they had seen.

The latest weather report predicted that it will hit us after dark tonight, bringing heavy rain and strong winds. It will then head north toward Nova Scotia.


We are currently under a Tropical Storm Wind Warning and a Flash Flood Watch. All of the beaches are now closed.

Dave put away all of the loose yard items and I tracked down a few flashlights, just in case.

I received an email this afternoon from The Fieldston, one of the local restaurants on the ocean. It sounds like they are hoping to draw in a crowd of storm watchers!

"We have lots of candles, emergency lights and a gas grill

Bring some rain gear and watch the pounding surf…

Sounds like a Hurricane party!"


Our biggest concern is the large trees along our property line. We had one fall on the barn during a winter storm a few years back, resulting in a hole in the roof. I hope we are spared this time!

The rain is already coming down hard, as of 1:00 pm. I guess we'll just sit, wait and see what happens.

No comments: