Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our 6th Anniversary

Dave and I celebrated six years of marriage yesterday. Whoever got married yesterday had PERFECT weather: blue skies, sunshine and warm summerlike temperatures. Sure wish we would have had that six years ago! When I said that to Dave, he remarked that he wouldn't have changed a thing.

We celebrated with a dinner date to our favorite special occasion restaurant, The Sun Tavern in Duxbury. It recently reopened and we couldn't be happier about that! As soon as we were seated, we felt so comfortable and relaxed in the familiar surroundings.

I ordered my usual entree, Chicken Miguel with butternut squash ravioli. Dave went with the baked haddock, zucchini salsa and dill-infused mashed potatoes. The highlight of the dinner, though, was the Cheese Platter entree. It was practically a meal in itself!

When we arrived home from our date, we were greeted with a homemade sign from Amanda. It made me smile.


Another thing that made me smile and surely will for many years to come, is the South Shore Colors bracelet that Dave and Amanda picked out for me. It is based on Marshfield's school colors, which is appropriate since we now have a school-aged child. These bracelets declare your allegiance to your favorite South Shore town and help support Fine Arts in your town's schools. Money well spent, in my opinion.

I especially love that there are five beads, one for each member of our family. It is very symbolic and I absolutely love it!


My gift to Dave is much more casual - a Rush Moving Pictures concert T-shirt.


We went to the concert on Tuesday night, our fourth time seeing them together. (This is Rush's 30th year together and they are doing the Time Machine Tour now, in which they played the "Moving Pictures" album in its entirety.) This is our favorite album and we were really looking forward to the show! Dave really wanted one of the T-shirts, but they were outrageously priced. When we got home, I ordered one online for him, so hopefully it will show up sometime this week.

Six years together, three wonderful children... I feel very blessed.

No comments: