Monday, December 13, 2010

Amanda's Debut Dance Recital

Amanda was both excited and nervous about her very first dance recital, which took place on Sunday at the Knights of Columbus Hall one town over from us.

She kept saying that she had stage fright and was afraid that she might fall while dancing.

As she sat in the front row waiting for the show to start, I brought her best friend up for a quick hello. They threw their arms around each other in a great hug, and Katelynn told Amanda that she had bought her a bouquet of purple flowers for after the show. After that, everything was fine.

The theme of the recital was Turn Up the Radio, and each dance group performed to a different genre of music: country, Radio Disney, Oldies, Pop, Hip Hop, etc.

Amanda's group of five girls was in charge of the oldies genre and did a Tap routine to Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow." (I didn't realize Fleetwood Mac could be categorized as Country, but I guess I'm older than I thought.)

Waiting for the show to start

Here is a link to the video of Amanda's group. She is the one on the far right.


The whole studio of about 50 girls, all wearing ballet slippers, performed a grand finale piece at the end. The video didn't come out very well, and Amanda is hardly in it, so I won't bother posting that one.

Amanda has already said that she can't wait until the end of the year show in June, when they get to wear costumes and perform in the middle school auditorium.

Now that she has her first public performance under her belt, I think she may actually grow to enjoy it!

1 comment:

Fortunate One said...

Tell Amanda I said she did phenomenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love u,Taylor