I busied myself the day before Thanksgiving by making 6 dozen mozzerella stuffed meatballs to contribute to the appetizer table. Then the girls helped make chocolate pretzels with autumn colored M&M's for the dessert table.
I tried to get a decent photo of the kids all dressed in their chosen Thanksgiving outfits, but this was the best I could do. It is increasingly hard to capture a shot where all three of them are ready.

As I said, the Cavicchi's really know how to throw a party. I honestly think they could be professional party planners! This was the centerpiece at the appetizer table. Angelina's father carved the pumpkin by using a Clip Art printout.
The only bad part about having Thanksgiving at someone else's house is that you miss out on all the great Thanksgiving leftovers! Both Dave and I felt the void, so we made our own feast on Sunday evening.
Dave made his own brine, soaked the turkey overnight and then smoked it in the Weber grill. I contributed the requisites like green bean casserole, squash and rolls and my mother-in-law made the stuffing and creamed peas. Dessert was pumpkin pie and a strawberry rhubarb pie, not homemade but from one of Amanda's school fund raisers.
The highlight of the meal was giving Liam his first taste of turkey. At first we just shredded some up for him to eat, but then Dave gave him the whole drumstick.
As you can see, he loved it! He was not at all happy when we took it away from him after getting a photo. He also became quite loud and demanding when he ran out of squash and cranberry sauce. This boy can eat!Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving with your loved ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment