Monday, November 22, 2010

Amanda's Thanksgiving Program

We walked over to Amanda's school yesterday afternoon to watch her Kindergarten class perform a Thanksgiving Program.

The kids all stood on risers in the cafeteria and the audience members sat at the lunch tables. The children, wearing turkey hats made out of construction paper and painted macaroni necklaces, sang four songs. In between each song, they each held up their "I'm Thankful" poster and spoke into the microphone, telling us what their poster said.

After the short performance, the kids joined their families and had a feast of Friendship Salad (fruit salad), homemade cornbread, homemade butter that the class made last week and apple juice. The teachers made their way around the room, greeting each family, and took a photo for the Memory Book at the end of the year.

If you would like to see the program, here is the link to an edited montage I created. (5 1/2 minutes long)

Note: If you tried to view this earlier and were unable, try it again. I just changed the privacy setting so it should work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPwSlLgs2YE

1 comment:

Fortunate One said...

I loved your performance, Amanda.
You must have put a lot of effort
into learning all the songs and
sign language. I hope you enjoy the long weekend. It is very cold in
Wisconsin but no snow yet.
Love, Grandma Jo