Thursday, December 16, 2010

Liam's First Haircut

Liam has been needing a haircut for quite some time now. I found myself constantly sweeping it over to the side, just so he could see. Day after day, Dave or I would say,"He really needs a haircut." And then other things would come up.

After breakfast yesterday, he actually had oatmeal stuck in his bangs, just dangling there. He kept blinking, clearly irritated by the hanging tidbits.

The shaggy sheepdog look was just not cutting it anymore. It was time to take matters into my own hands.

I diverted his attention by sprinkling shredded cheese on his tray and got busy trimming his bangs. And then his sideburns. And then a bit off the back.

I probably could have left the sides and back alone, but when I went to put the clippings into a Ziploc bag, there weren't enough to justify saving. And of course, since I saved the girls' first haircut clippings, it all has to be fair.

After finishing his haircut, there was plenty to save. Mission accomplished.


I can't get over how different he looks, now that we can actually SEE his eyes again!

Note to self: One should not use a sewing scissors to cut hair. It makes the bangs all crooked.

No comments: