Monday, September 12, 2011

Eva's First Day of Preschool

Today was the first day of Preschool for Eva and it was about time! She was not pleased when Amanda headed out the door for school two weeks ago, and she had to stay home.


She picked out her outfit before bed last night - a navy dress with matching leggings and the new hot pink canvas shoes from Grandma Jo. She even asked me to put a braid and a purple bow in her hair so she would look "beautiful." (Not cute, of course. To her, cute is an insult.)

At 7:30, she put her backpack on and said,"I'm ready to go!"

School doesn't start until 9:00. It was a very long 90 minutes of waiting for Little Miss Eva.

Finally it was time for Daddy and Liam to walk Eva to school. I drove and met them so I could see the classroom and give Eva a kiss before heading to Zumba. She made herself right at home, as did Liam, and she got to work on making her September calendar.

Today was a short day, just an hour, where a parent stays to fill out paperwork and such. But after today, she will be in school from 9-12 three days per week. In October, she will get to start Lunch Bunch, which means she stays at school from 9-2 and has lunch there one day a week. I think she is most excited about Lunch Bunch because it means she's "almost a grown-up."

Her words, of course.

It will be strange to have just Liam with me three mornings a week. I have a feeling he will wander around like a lost puppy for the first few days, wondering where his playmates have all gone.

No comments: