Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rainbow Poptarts?

This morning Eva had a friend over for a playdate. It was Colleen, her old Preschool friend, who has transferred to a different school this year. We got together with her several times over the summer and wanted to make sure they still had a chance to see each other despite going to different schools this year. It was a fun morning for them, as well as the adults! I actually had a chance to have an adult conversation with a HOT mug of coffee. A true luxury.

Perhaps the best thing about today's playdate, at least for Eva, is that Colleen arrived carrying a full box of assorted Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts. This seems to be the "go to food" for all morning playdates, I have realized.

Today I came across a recipe for homemade rainbow poptarts. What a neat and creative idea! It looks a bit involved for a typical 9 am weekday playdate, but once I have extra time on my hands (yeah, right!), I may actually try these.

Even just using the refrigerated pie crusts with some really chunky homemade jam would be good, and not as involved.


For my own reference.. and yours, if you're interested, here is the recipe for Rainbow Poptarts.

Rainbow Poptarts

No comments: