Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Paint Nite


Last night I had the pleasure of learning how to paint, along with my friends Kate and Jill.

The event, Paint Nite, was held at an upscale Plymouth restaurant.  An instructor guided us through each step of the evening's featured painting,"The Piney Cardinal."  Combined with some great music and the instructor's sense of humor, it was a perfect way to spend our monthly Girls' Night.

In fact, it was so much fun that we've already bought tickets to do it again in June and August to celebrate our summer birthdays.

My family was quite impressed with my artistic abilities.  Dave even dropped my painting off at the framer's shop today to get it framed.  If this keeps up, we may need to build add an art wing onto our house!
 
Step 1: The sky
Step 2: Branches

Step 3: Pine needles


The final step (and the one that caused the most anxiety for all of us!): Adding the cardinal

Kate and I
Kate, Jill and I with our completed masterpieces




1 comment:

Dad said...

That is so great! I never had that talent!

Dad