I finally started official piano lessons with Liam a few weeks ago. We had been dabbling here and there for a while, but now we've gotten down to business with regularly scheduled lessons. And, I must say, he is an absolute natural at it!
His whole personality changes once he sits on the bench. Instead of his usual easygoing and playful self, at the piano he becomes very serious and focused. He sits up straight with great posture and keeps his eyes on the music. But the best thing is the way he gracefully lifts his hands at the end of a piece - always folding them and placing them gently in his lap. I guess he's learned something about poise after all these years of being surrounded by musicians!
After just 2 weeks, he is already up to page 40 in the first level of books, progressing rapidly. I never have to hound him to practice and I might even go so far as to say it's one of his favorite activities. I'm sure that may change at some point but for now, we are both enjoying his lessons a great deal.
Here's a video of Liam playing Dinosaur Music Night.
2 comments:
Maybe will be composing his own dinosaur music in the future.
Nice going, Buddy.
He's a natural! Can't wait to see all the kids perform in May!
Keep up the good work, Liam!
Post a Comment