Today we made a house call to visit our good friends, Kim and Eliana, and to deliver a few gifts.
In addition to a nice bottle of wine for Mama and Daddy, they presented Amanda and Eva with some very special gifts: matching pajamas and stuffed animals.
Amanda, in particular, was extremely grateful for her gifts. As Eliana said, her display of gratitude was "an Oscar winning performance." And before we even left their house, Eva eagerly tried to undress herself in order to try on the cozy red candy cane pj's.
Along with the pajamas came a pink stuffed pig, which strongly resembled one of Amanda's favorite storybook characters, Amanda Pig.

And Eva's stuffed animal was a cute green frog, which resembled the frog in the "Froggy" series of books by Jonathan London.

How appropriate! Kim and Eliana sure hit the nail on the head with their gift giving, that's for sure.
On the way home, I said,"That sure was fun, wasn't it?" And Amanda proclaimed,"Yes! I love them! They are my favorite lady and man!"
After we got home and ate a quick lunch, Daddy got Eva dressed in her pj's for naptime while Amanda exchanged her clothes for the pj's during "Quiet Time." Coincidentally, Eva took a very long nap (and I might credit the cozy pajamas for that!) while Amanda snuggled with Daddy and watched a movie.
Afterwards, Amanda announced,"I think these are magic pajamas. I have magical powers!"
She didn't elaborate on what those magical powers were but I'm hoping that sleeping past 6:00 am is one of them!
Oddly enough, bedtime was extremely easy tonight, and again... I may just have to credit those "magic" pajamas!
Note: I have already told Dave that I would like a matching pair if they come in my size.


3 comments:
Carrie,
TOO cute!!! FYI, I found some feetie pajamas at Target - I got the sock monkey pair. They won't totally match your girls', but they are cozy as well!! :) Have a Merry Christmas!
Carrie
That's awesome. How adorable are those little bambinos in their candy cane pajamas? love, love, love it.
too cute...
Post a Comment