Friday, September 18, 2009

Celebrating our 5th


Today marks five years of being married! The weather today was so incredibly perfect with sunny, blue skies and I couldn't help but marvel at how different the weather was on our wedding day, exactly five years ago!

In addition to our anniversary, we were also celebrating the arrival of Dad (Grandpa Clint), who flew up from Florida with the generous offer to babysit while Dave and I went out for a date night. (We'll take him up on his offer at some point during his visit, but tonight we had other plans.) We were all very glad to see him and the girls have already had tons of fun with him.

Grandpa reading before naptime

We celebrated in just the right way. Dave managed to get 10 lobsters (plus 4 pounds of cod) from our neighbor, the lobsterman, for only $30! We'll have the cod another day. Tonight was all about the lobsters.

With only 3 adults and 2 kids, there was plenty of lobster to go around. And boy, was it tasty! Because the shells were relatively soft, we barely even needed to use the new tools that I had gotten for Dave in order to get the meat out. After a meal of lobster, sweet corn and buttered rolls, we were stuffed. I saved plenty of lobster and plan to make a lobster bisque tomorrow.

Our lobster dinner

Dave surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, which were delivered to the house right before we sat down to dinner.


And after dinner, I surprised him with a mini replica of our wedding cake: carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Delicious!

Our happy family... and a delicious cake!

Before putting the kids to bed, we all cuddled up to watch the wedding montage that I had made a while back.

It has been a very good day. We've had fun remembering and reflecting back on the past five years. To see how far we've come in that time, and to think about the exciting times that are ahead of us is pretty amazing.

As Dad said, five years... and two and a half kids. That alone is an accomplishment that we are pretty proud of, and that's just one of many.

And to be able to say that I would do it all over again makes me feel very blessed. Thanks to everyone for all of the anniversary well wishes!

No comments: