As of tomorrow, Eva will be 27 months old. We thought that by now, she would have have tried crawling out of her crib, especially considering her talent for climbing! But alas, she seems to be perfectly content snuggled safely in her nest of a crib.
As the birth of Baby #3 approaches, we have been thinking more and more about what to do for the new baby's dresser and crib. We knew we didn't want to buy another crib, and figured we'd have about 6 more months until we needed to solve that problem. A dresser, on the other hand, was a bigger priority.
Today I decided to check Craigslist and see what was out there.
Lo and behold, I found the perfect solution! A 5 drawer dresser, a bed with an additional 6 drawers of storage underneath and a matching nightstand. And they will ALL it under the troublesome low eaves of the house!
All for $100, including delivery!
And as if that alone wasn't enough to make my day, the seller called back and asked if he could deliver it TODAY! He was even kind enough to help Dave assemble it.
I couldn't believe my luck! Had I not called when I did, I'm certain this would have been scooped up immediately. (As it turns out, the seller said the phone started ringing off the hook after I had called dibs on it.) The pieces are made by Basset and are in nearly perfect condition. This gorgeous set could easily have sold for $500 or more.
So tonight Eva will be sleeping in her brand new big girl bed for the first time! I am a tad apprehensive about this, since I really am in no hurry to transition her out of the crib - where she is easily contained! It will probably make naptime/bedtime harder, and I won't be the least bit surprised if we wake up only to find Eva cuddled in Amanda's bed.
Eva is thrilled about the change! She takes great pride in being a "big girl" and will correct anyone who calls her a baby. In fact, both girls seem to be equally excited about this arrangement. Even though they have been sharing a room for months now, Amanda seems to think that a new bed will suddenly turn things into a genuine sleepover.
The three of us went shopping for bedding this afternoon, which was kind of fun. Eva picked out bright pink polka dot sheets and a Tinkerbell comforter, one that is very similar to the Tinkerbell comforter on Amanda's bed.
Within a span of about 3 hours, our dilemma has been solved! It really feels good to cross another task off the list. Oddly enough, I must have somehow known that this change was coming because I spent the morning cleaning and reorganizing everyone's dresser drawers!
Also this weekend were two of the big children's consignment sales, and among our good bargains, we managed to score a spare Pack n Play for the barn ($10), one of those expensive aluminum frame hiking backpacks to carry the baby (for just $12!), and a Rainforest vibrating chair ($15.) Pretty amazing!



No comments:
Post a Comment