Amanda took a belly photo for me this morning, and I have to say she's getting pretty good with the camera!
37 1/2 weeks...I had my 37 week midwife appointment this morning and everything went well! I am measuring at 36 weeks - the same as last week, despite a 2 pound weight gain. The explanation for this is that the baby has now dropped into my pelvis. This makes sense to me because I definitely feel more comfortable now and breathing has become easier!
I have been feeling Braxton Hicks contractions for at least a week now, something I never experienced with the other two pregnancies. My midwife says that with each pregnancy, you feel more of these because your body "knows what it's doing by now." I have also been feeling some mild contractions and lots of pressure since yesterday, so I can only hope that I am making progress.
We are definitely feeling more prepared and ready for this baby to come than we ever have before. I am feeling extreme excitement and anticipation... and none of the nervousness that I felt with the girls. I guess this is becoming "old hat" to me. I feel surprisingly relaxed and confident that I can do this.
I packed an overnight bag for the hospital yesterday and made a list of the last minute things we'll need. I read the list to Dave and laughed a little at how high-tech we've become: camera, batteries, video camera, iPod, iPod charger, laptop. I also threw in some crossword puzzles, a deck of cards and the cribbage board to balance it out (although I think we took all of these things the last two times and never used them.)
The girls are also getting more excited by the day and I have noticed that they are playing with their baby dolls a lot more... feeding them, rocking them, changing the diapers, etc.
Part of me thinks that I will not make it to my due date. Dave agrees. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but either way, I am trying to remember and savor every last minute of this pregnancy because it will soon be over.
Stay tuned...
3 comments:
How exciting! You are in our thoughts and nightly prayers.
If you have a boy, you'll have to dedicate your blog to "My daughters and son." I don't know if I've ever heard someone say they "savored" their pregnancy!
You look WONDERFUL! I agree with your mom ~ if you have a boy, you'll have to change your blog header, LOL! :) Thinking of you ...
Post a Comment