Monday, April 26, 2010

Bowling & Ice Cream

Today, the weather forecasters had predicted 100% rain for today, so we decided it was time for a day off... and time for some FUN!

During their time here, Grandma and Grandpa have generously treated the kids to Dairy Queen, Dunkin Donuts, and a special pizza and movie night. As if their help isn't enough, today they offered to treat us again.

After picking Amanda up at preschool, we had lunch at Wendy's. What a treat for the girls!! After our meal, we went bowling!


It was the girls' first time bowling... and actually, it was the first time Dad and Reda tried Candlepin Bowling.


After a short nap, Liam woke up and cheered us on. Well, not really. But he seemed vaguely interested in what was going on.


Since the ball was smaller, I thought Candlepin bowling would be easier for the girls than Ten Pin bowling. As it turned out, it WAS easier for them... and harder for the adults!


We had the entire bowling alley to ourselves and it was a lot of fun!

Amanda led the entire game until Grandma pulled off a victory in the 9th or 10th frame. I, unfortunately, came in last... beaten even by a 2 year old.


I think I will be making return trips with the girls this summer when we are in need of air conditioning!





After bowling and a quick trip to the library, we stopped for ice cream at Dairy Twist in Pembroke. I had heard they had the best ice cream around, and sure enough, it was quite a menu! Butter pecan, mint chip, orange creamsicle and almond joy - YUM!


Tomorrow Grandma and Grandpa head back to Jacksonville and we will really miss them. They have fit right into our routine and it will probably take a few days to get used to their absence.

No comments: