Tonight after dinner, I had a humorous conversation with Amanda.
We had been talking about how the day went at school. Among other things, today was Library Day, something she looks forward to each Tuesday, and she got to check out a new book.
The conversation went like this.
Amanda: "Most of the kids in my class forget to bring their books back when it's Library Day, so they don't get to check out a new book. But not me! I always remember my book."
Me: "Yes, that's because your mama is prepared and remembers to put the book in your backpack."
There was a brief pause in the conversation, and then...
Amanda: (in a very serious tone): "Half of today's Kindergarteners enter school unprepared."
Me: "Where did you hear that?"
Amanda: "On Omi's TV. But I'm not unprepared... because I have a good Mama."
I'm sure that's not exactly what "Omi's TV" (aka "the news") meant, but it's good enough for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment