
I received the RoboCall from the school superintendent last night at 7:00 pm, declaring that school had been canceled for today.
Twelve hours after that call, I turned on the morning news and this is what I heard:
Nor'easter Snowstorm
Blizzard Warning
2-3 inches of snow per hour
Predicted snow totals: 12-16" for Boston; 9-12" for us
Thunder, lightning, multiple power outages
Tides astronomically low and Winds 25-50 mph
682 school closings
I shoveled the porch and walkway once at the crack of down, which may sound pointless when the worst of the storm isn't supposed to happen until midday, but the snow is so heavy that if we don't stay on top of it, it could be like shoveling cement.
Note all of the snowplows across the street at the little convenience store, the drivers probably warming up with hot coffee. Also note the broken tree branch directly over our two cars. Yikes!Now we just have to hope the power doesn't go out! The center of town reportedly is without power and multiple crews are working to fix it, so it's a very real possibility.

No comments:
Post a Comment