Friday, January 21, 2011

Tooth #7

Liam got an early birthday gift tonight - a new tooth!

His first two teeth were his two bottom central incisors. Then came the two top side incisors. If you recall me mentioning this, he looked like a jack o'lantern!

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, his two top central incisors came in at the same time.

I noticed yesterday that he seemed to be putting everything in his mouth again. That was Sign #1. When he woke up from his morning nap today, I noticed that one of his cheeks was pink. Also, he was very clingy, wanting to be held and cuddled. The cuddling is nothing new, but when he prefers cuddling over eating, I know something is up! He was drooling more too, so I checked his mouth for a new tooth but found nothing.

After Dave and I got home from our dinner date tonight, Omi told us that his new tooth had cut through. I was surprised when she said it was on the TOP! A molar!

That means the last five teeth have all come in on the top... and he still has just the original two teeth on the bottom. However, as I have said before, Liam seems to do things on his own schedule so I guess this shouldn't really come as a surprise. He makes me realize that there is no "normal" with kids.

I found this chart which gives a guideline of what to expect as far as teething. This may (or may not!) come in handy. At the end it states, "teeth come in when they are ready."

http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/baby/teeth/order_appearance_teeth.asp

No comments: