Sunday, April 10, 2011

Random Things That Made Me Smile

I started this post back in February and have been adding little gems to it every now and then.

*After Amanda finished practicing her piano assignment, she came up to me and said,"Mama, you're the one who made us LOVE music. Thank you so much. You make piano MAGICAL!"

This was after she had just played Yankee Doodle and the Horn Concerto No 2 by Mozart, which she first heard on the TV program, Little Einsteins. Needless to say, her compliments made my day.

* As I was selecting a CD to put on for the kids this morning, Eva requested,"Can you turn on The Make Believe Rag?" She was asking for Scott Joplin's Maple Leaf Rag. I guess they DO sound the same...

*This is another of the things I found on the drawing table recently: a letter from Amanda to Eva.

No comments: