When Eva and I work on her reading, I like to incorporate websites into our time together. This makes it more interactive and much more fun for her. And of course, using music and catchy tunes always helps too.
I keep meaning to post this YouTube channel, called Have Fun Teaching, so that I will remember it once Liam starts learning his letters. It is so fantastic!
There is a featured video for each letter of the alphabet, and Eva just loves to sing along and "draw" the letters in the air. We choose a "Letter of the Day" and try to stick to just one letter per day.
Here is the video for the letter A.
I also like the Starfall website because it allows you to play a game with many of the letters.
Here is the Starfall site for the letter A. (Hover over the previous sentence.)
After we have played around with each of these websites and I'm sure that Eva has a grasp on the phonics, we make a list of all the words she can think of that start with that letter. That's always a lot of fun. She really enjoyed it when Grandma Reda and Grandpa Clint were here, and they joined in on the fun.
I also found some great miniature dry erase boards at Staples, the kind that have the writing lines already drawn on them. I bought some colorful dry erase markers with built-in erasers so Eva can choose a color and then practice writing her upper and lower case letter of the day.
If you have preschool age kids, give it a try. It really works!
No comments:
Post a Comment