Because two out of the four of us have infants (3 months and 2 months), our book choice this time around was "Mothershock: Loving Every (Other) Minute of It" by Andrea J. Buchanan. One of our other friends has a 6 year old son, and the other friend has 13 month old twin sons. We thought it would be interesting to hear all the different perspectives, since we were each in unique situations.
I also decided to invite all of the children to this month's meeting, partly due to feeding and nap schedules. So it was actually more of a group playdate than a book club, but we all agreed that it was a welcome change and no one complained. We might even start holding monthly playdates.
My friend, Kim, brought a cute sleeper for Liam - and none too soon, because I was literally changing him out of a soaked outfit as she arrived on my doorstep. My friend Jill gave Liam a Bumbo seat, which I have been looking forward to for months.
We have learned that now it is possible for all three kids to sit on the floor for StoryTime! This Bumbo is going to be a lifesaver, I can tell already.
This morning I walked into the room to find Eva conducting her own young person's version of Book Club.

So you think a 3 month old is too young for books?

Nope. I have shot after shot like this, where Liam is listening and watching intently as Eva describes scene after scene.

With any luck, we'll have another little bookworm in our family.

1 comment:
Too cute Carrie! Oh, and too funny - Simon has the same sleeper and a blue Bumbo! They are awesome, aren't they?
Post a Comment