We only put in a half day's work yesterday and then spent the afternoon "playing." Dave had band practice with the guys so I took the girls to the Cape Relay Race to cheer on the participating runners. I had a friend running in it so we met up with her there. In the evening, the guys got the grill going and we had some delicious chicken, sausages, etc. while enjoying everyone's company.
Weatherwise, it was just perfect... and today we really could have used the air conditioners! I'll bet it was close to 90*. All in all, we got a lot of yardwork and general clean up done. But the biggest accomplishment was the front porch/deck. This project has taken several weeks, due to hold-ups at Town Hall with permits and the like. Tonight it looks like it will finally be finished. I can hear Dave pounding in the last few deck boards now. Hallelujah!! Thankfully our babysitters were available both yesterday and today so the kids were entertained and occupied. We never could have accomplished all of this without them!
We met with our realtor this morning and worked out some of the last minute details as far as listing the property. The plan is to put up the sign and publish the MLS listing on Wednesday, followed by a Realtor's Open House on Friday.
I am very stressed out by the thought of having to be ready for showings on short notice. Keeping two houses (well, a house and a barn) clean is exhausting! I feel like I spend most of my time following people around and cleaning up after them. Fingerprints on the freshly washed windows... Crumbs on the just vacuumed floor... Dishes in the sink immediately after I finished washing a load... Dirt, squished raspberries, and spilled milk on the freshly mopped floor... And don't even get me started on the amount of dirty laundry this family of five produces in a typical week. How will I keep up with all of this?
Dave and I have both complained to each other about feeling mentally, physically and emotionally drained but there's no option other than to keep pushing forward. We're not the first family to go through this, and I know we'll manage.
But now I must get back to folding this mountain of laundry, my least favorite household chore!!
1 comment:
Oh how I hear you Carrie! While we aren't trying to sell a house right now, I am still emotionally, physically and mentally drained!! Good luck with everything. We're thinking of you!
Post a Comment