Monday, June 14, 2010

Pen Pals

The other day, I received an email from a good friend in Wisconsin asking if anyone would be interested in being pen pals with her son.

Knowing this was right up Amanda's alley, I asked her if she would like to do it.

As I suspected, she was thrilled to have someone to exchange letters with! Usually her written correspondence is pretty one-sided so the thought of someone actually writing back to her was a novel idea.

During Quiet Time the next day, Amanda asked for some "fancy" paper and a pencil, and sat down at the kitchen table to begin her first letter.

Look at that concentration!

"Mama, how do you spell 'making'? Mama, how do you write '4 1/2'?"

We have been working on lower case letters so this was great practice for her.


What an excellent project for the summer!

No comments: