Friday, July 23, 2010

6 months old

Today Liam turned 6 months old.


As the kids and I cuddled in bed this morning, we all sang,"Happy half birthday to you!" to Liam. He just grinned at us.

Right on time, he had his 6 month well-baby visit today. Dave and I both predicted that he would be off the charts for height and weight. I mean, look at those thighs!!

We were very surprised to find that he is only 50th percentile for weight (17.6 pounds), 65th percentile for height (26.75 inches)... and still has a very small head (11th percentile!!!!!)

We had his pediatrician work out a delayed immunization schedule, which means bringing him in every 4 weeks so his vaccinations will be more spread out, but I feel more comfortable with this than having him get up to three vaccinations in one visit.

This past week, Liam has been having semi-regular meals with us at the family table. He looks at our plates with extreme envy now, but he is stuck with just two entrees for the time being: rice cereal or frozen grapes in the Munchkin mesh holder. I think we'll work on expanding his menu this week, one food at a time. Eva thinks we should give him pears next and I might take that advice. (We tried bananas a few weeks ago and he was constipated for days!)


Here he is playing ball with Eva, their favorite little game these days.

Also today, I received a copy of this photo, taken at our friends' wedding in New York last month.


I love this photo more than words can express. It reminds me of the fun we had, dancing the night away.

It's hard to believe that half a year has passed already with our little guy. I can't even think of him without breaking a smile. He brings such joy to our lives!

No comments: