We went with the girls' friend Katelynn, after first stopping at her house to see her new kitten.

The girls got a chance to see lots of different pets, talk with the owners and even pet or hold some of the animals. There was a small parrot, a frog, two hamsters, a guinea pig, and lots and lots of dogs.
The hands-down favorite was the guinea pig named Oreo.
Katelynn and Amanda took turns holding and brushing the black and white guinea pig, while Eva looked on.
I stayed in the background, taking pictures and hoping that my allergies wouldn't flare up once the kids got back in the car. (Unfortunately, they did.)
After about 15 minutes with the guinea pig, the girls were finally ready to move on. We made our way to the dogs, with breeds ranging from labs to pugs to beagles. I think this actually may have helped to reduce their fear of dogs. After a while, Amanda was going up to the dog owners saying,"May I pet your dog?"

Eva was still a bit reluctant, but she definitely made progress. Usually they both run the other direction in fear!



No comments:
Post a Comment