I wanted to fit in a final "girls only" playdate before Amanda's co-ed birthday party this weekend. As luck would have it, the movie I've been waiting for at the library finally came in so we invited some of Amanda's best friends over. We decided to call it a Princess Party, complete with dress-up clothes and the screening of "The Princess and the Frog."
The girls all sat together on the futon with popcorn, beach-themed cookies and juice while they watched the movie.
Caroline, Abby, Amanda, Katelynn and EvaAfter the movie, we broke out the dress-up bin and everyone chose costumes.
Such a great group of girls!Because we finally got some relief from the two weeks of 90* temperatures, I thought we should take advantage of it and spend some time playing outside. We went on a nature scavenger hunt and then played a bit of baseball before all of the parents arrived to claim their children.
As a perfect ending to a perfect day, I gave Amanda and Eva manicures and pedicures this evening. (Truth be told, their nails were getting a bit long so I figured they'd be a lot more cooperative if I added polish as an incentive! It worked.)
I am really going to miss all of our summer fun once school starts. This has been the best summer ever!
As a perfect ending to a perfect day, I gave Amanda and Eva manicures and pedicures this evening. (Truth be told, their nails were getting a bit long so I figured they'd be a lot more cooperative if I added polish as an incentive! It worked.)
I am really going to miss all of our summer fun once school starts. This has been the best summer ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment