The camp is through our town's Recreation Department, and the theme was Exploring Pond Life and Bugs. It was taught by one of the teachers from the girls' preschool, and one of our babysitters was a teacher's aide.
I was a little concerned about how Eva would do, considering that the camp went from 9 am - Noon every day. She has never been on her own for such a long period of time. She kept saying,"What if I can't find the bathroom?" I think she was most worried about having an accident, but she did just fine - no accidents at all. Now I can relax, knowing that she'll do just fine in Preschool this September.
It definitely helped having Amanda and Eva in the same class. Whereas Amanda is quick to make new friends, Eva is much more shy. I'm sure a lot of it is the age because some of the other 3 year olds in the class cried and became very clingy when it was time for their parents to leave. But right from the start, Eva followed Amanda right over to the Lego's and the dollhouse and never once looked back.
As for the theme, I wasn't sure if the girls would be interested in frogs and bugs, but I wanted them to learn about something other than fairies and princesses for a change! Typically, they scream when they see a fly, spider or any other type of insect. However, on the final day, I asked if they had enjoyed it and they both enthusiastically said they loved it! (I think baking caterpillar cookies may have had something to do with it!)
They made several crafts (frogs, turtles and ladybugs), learned about the life cycle of a frog, got to see and touch a turtle shell, read books, sang songs, made new friends and got to eat snacks outside.
I'm glad they both had such a positive experience. In two weeks, they'll be going to one more camp: Music and Movement. There's not a doubt in my mind that they will love that one just as much if not more.
They made several crafts (frogs, turtles and ladybugs), learned about the life cycle of a frog, got to see and touch a turtle shell, read books, sang songs, made new friends and got to eat snacks outside.
I'm glad they both had such a positive experience. In two weeks, they'll be going to one more camp: Music and Movement. There's not a doubt in my mind that they will love that one just as much if not more.


No comments:
Post a Comment