It has been a very hectic week, filled with an assortment of appointments and other obligations. I am very thankful that it is Friday.
This morning I helped out with Amanda's Kindergarten class. I wasn't really sure what volunteering would entail, but it turned out to be a lot of fun.
When I arrived, they were talking about different ways to show people that we love them. After the story and song, the children made special hats for Monday's Valentine's Day party. My job was to scope out the three tables of kids and help wherever needed, which mostly meant cutting and pasting. (One little girl had a cast on her writing arm/hand so I spent a lot of time with her.)
At another table, some boys wanted to know how to spell "Happy Valentine's Day", so I worked with them on that. They both seemed fascinated at being able to write a long word like "Valentine's", and I got the impression that neither of them spends much time writing.
I also helped the kids choose their snacks and then listened to one boy read during "Book in a Bag" time. Before I knew it, they kids were lining up to go to Art class. The hour flew by so quickly! I could easily have spent the whole day there. I will be volunteering four more times and I am already looking forward to the next time.
This morning I helped out with Amanda's Kindergarten class. I wasn't really sure what volunteering would entail, but it turned out to be a lot of fun.
When I arrived, they were talking about different ways to show people that we love them. After the story and song, the children made special hats for Monday's Valentine's Day party. My job was to scope out the three tables of kids and help wherever needed, which mostly meant cutting and pasting. (One little girl had a cast on her writing arm/hand so I spent a lot of time with her.)
At another table, some boys wanted to know how to spell "Happy Valentine's Day", so I worked with them on that. They both seemed fascinated at being able to write a long word like "Valentine's", and I got the impression that neither of them spends much time writing.
I also helped the kids choose their snacks and then listened to one boy read during "Book in a Bag" time. Before I knew it, they kids were lining up to go to Art class. The hour flew by so quickly! I could easily have spent the whole day there. I will be volunteering four more times and I am already looking forward to the next time.
All of the Valentine's Day talk inspired me to make a special lunch for the kids when I got home.

On the menu:
Turkey/cheese sandwiches, shaped like hearts
Apple slices, somewhat shaped like hearts
Pear yogurt with pink sprinkles
Raspberry milk, which they didn't like at all!
Liam provided the lunchtime entertainment.
As you can see, he loves to make his sisters laugh.
Dave and I are celebrating Valentine's Day tomorrow evening. I decided to plan the date for a change and made dinner reservations at Plymouth's East Bay Grille, located at the Town Wharf. We've never been there before so I hope it's good! I've heard good things about it and if nothing else, a change of scenery will be nice.

On the menu:
Turkey/cheese sandwiches, shaped like hearts
Apple slices, somewhat shaped like hearts
Pear yogurt with pink sprinkles
Raspberry milk, which they didn't like at all!
Liam provided the lunchtime entertainment.
As you can see, he loves to make his sisters laugh.
Dave and I are celebrating Valentine's Day tomorrow evening. I decided to plan the date for a change and made dinner reservations at Plymouth's East Bay Grille, located at the Town Wharf. We've never been there before so I hope it's good! I've heard good things about it and if nothing else, a change of scenery will be nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment