Friday, February 18, 2011

Ms. Non-Fiction

Eva is very much into non-fiction books these days. She said this week that she wants to be a scientist when she grows up. Well, that and a "ballerina teacher."

She is turning into a walking encyclopedia with all of the random facts she shares with us. She will sit forever with me as I read each paragraph and every caption to her. Sometimes she sits quietly and absorbs the information, and other times she is filled with all sorts of thoughtful questions.

Amanda was so into princess and fairytales, and while Eva will sit and listen to those types of stories, they are not her first choice. It is always so interesting to see how different they can be.

Here are Eva's three favorite books this week.


Ant Cities by Arthur Dorros
Sea Horse: The Shyest Fish in the Sea by Chris Butterworth

I just did a search on our library's network to see if I can find more books that she would be interested in. I really like the "Let's-Read-And-Find-Out-About Science" series.

2 comments:

Fortunate One said...

Gail Gibbons writes interesting nonfiction for children. Check out the ink rethink blog made up of writers of nonfiction. There are good recommendations there. I'm reading The Notorious Benedict Arnold by Steve Schienkin --excellent.

Lindsay family said...

Ooh, Gail Gibbons - good recommendation! She's got quite a few that Eva would be interested in. We're heading to the library in about an hour for a Music/Movement program so I'll be sure to look her up. Thanks, Mom!