Thursday, June 16, 2011

More Blue for Eva!

The entire town of Marshfield was abuzz yesterday over the Bruin's hockey match last night. It was very exciting for people, but since we are not sports fans, it was a normal day for us. As I was drifting off to sleep last night, I heard fireworks and without even following the game... err, match or whatever it's called... I knew the outcome.

Sure enough, I found out this morning that the Bruins clinched the Stanley Cup against the Canucks with a score of 4-0.

Instead of the Bruins, the Lindsay family was cheering for Team Eva last night!!

It was the second week of the Youth Track series and last night Eva did even better than Week #1.

Our little winner!

That's right! Eva won both of her events last night, the 50 yard and the 100 yard!

Before the races started, I told Eva to pretend that a cheetah, her current favorite animal, was chasing her... trying to eat her toes for dessert. This got a big grin out of her, and I realized that she fully understood what to do.

The first race, the 50 yard dash, was a close finish. Eva was looking at her feet and kind of shuffling along. Maybe the cheetah story wasn't a good idea after all. (Eva is the one in purple shorts/pink shirt, 2nd lane to the right.)



The second race, the 100 yard dash, was close too. Eva and the other little girl were neck and neck the entire race and toward the end, I thought Eva was going to take a spill. She probably would have finished with the red ribbon if the leader hadn't stopped running before she got to the finish line. (That's the problem with the young kids' races. They start slowing down before the finish line rather than running straight through.)



Amanda ran in the 100 yard dash and the 400 yard (1/4 mile.) She didn't place and so again, the jealousy emerged. However, her best friend Katelynn showed up this week, so at least they got to run together.

Eva's name was in this week's newspaper for last week's race results, and she will be in again next week. I think she is really enjoying this, and we are too!

No comments: