Thursday, October 6, 2011

So Long, Farewell, auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye!

Grandpa Clint and Grandma Reda left this morning after a wonderful stay with us. (Well, wonderful in OUR eyes, at least!) I am sure they will be glad to get back to retired life and a slower lifestyle pace. I think our regimented life was a bit hectic for them, always running here and there, keeping an eye on the clock to make sure we weren't late dropping off or picking up one of the kids.

It was hard to see them go. Some of the memories we will cherish from our time with them include:

- Open House at Amanda's school
- The girls' sleepover in the barn, complete with movies!
- The girls' trip to the theater to see Dolphin Tale
- Poopsie's pizza!!!!
- Playing games... like Pretty, Pretty Princess (with Grandma AND Grandpa!)
- Trips to the playground
- Walking to and from school, and little hikes here and there
- Eating Friendly's, Dairy Queen and McDonald's... without Mama and Daddy!
- Cuddling and reading book after book
- The "grown up's trip" to Hola for tapas
- OktoberFest (cheering us on during the Beer Stein contests, where Dave and I each finished 2nd. No drinking was involved, by the way... this was merely a contest of strength.)
- The side trip to Hull and exploring the Fort
- Building block towers and playing cars with Liam
- And of course, all of the help: yardwork, babysitting, and other household chores

Here are some photos to summarize their time with us.

Open House in Amanda's classroom

A "boys only" Nature Hike


Lots of special time with Grandma and Grandpa

Pretty, Pretty Princess: Grandpa was
a great sport, wearing his pink jewels.

OktoberFest in Norwell

Hull and Nantasket Beach

Thanks for everything, Grandma and Grandpa! We will miss you greatly! Please come again soon.

1 comment:

Fortunate One said...

Wonderful photos for the scrapbook. I am sooooo jealous. I hope I'll get a turn one of these years--

MOM