As I mentioned the other day, I tend to use a lot of "magic" with the kids. Apparently Amanda has caught on to my plan. This conversation took place after the infamous splinter incident:
"Mama, my Band-aid is fallin' off..."
"I can take it off for you."
"No, Mama.. It will huwt!"
"Well, I know a magic trick so I can take it off without it hurting at all. We'll use water to help."
(I take the Band-Aid off, with no pain involved.)
"Mama, I guess you know a LOT of magic. I'm pwetty impwessed!"
* * *
Amanda has been a real bear during the past few days, since she has been sick. Yesterday we had the following exchange, after she had said something sassy (which I have already forgotten):
"Amanda, I am getting sick of this little attitude you're showing lately."
Pouting, followed by tears and the protesting,"Mama, I DON'T have a little attitude... I have a BIG attitude."
Oh, how right you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment