My student recalled first seeing him on "The Muppets", but I wasn't particularly a fan of that show, simply because I never really watched it enough to 'get it.'
As a kid, my first exposure to Victor Borge came from an episode of "Sesame Street." I must have have been around 7 or 8 years old, and while I definitely had an interest in piano at that age, I don't think I had yet started lessons.
For some reason, his appearances really made an impact on me. Seeing these snippets again brings back fond memories and great feelings of nostalgia.
I wonder if it would have the same effect on Amanda and Eva.
(Well, it did... I just put Amanda on my lap and watched the video with her. Sure enough, she laughed.)
In any case, both Amanda and Eva are demonstrating an interest and curiosity toward the piano, so we're off to a good start.

I may just have to check out some Victor Borge DVD's from the library this winter. I can definitely picture Amanda laughing at his crazy musical antics, and can already see Eva twirling and dancing to the music.
Sounds like fun, doesn't it?


3 comments:
Yes it does! And just scrolling through the youtube offerings are a treat, too. Yay for the Danes!
I don't ever recall seeing him before! How fun.
I always wanted to play the piano but never had the patients to learn so i settled for the flute. Phabian shows a great interest in musical instruments and really likes playing the piano at his Granny's house. He has very long slender fingers and when i grew up we called those piano fingers. I was not blessed with those lol.
Post a Comment