
Well, the stomach flu has officially made the full circuit around our house. It started with Eva getting sick early Sunday evening. By the middle of the night, the stomach bug hit Amanda. By morning, they both seemed fine. "Maybe it was something they ate,"I thought hopefully.
Dave thought it might have been the black olives he fed them during snacktime; I thought it could have been the deli ham. We threw out both things, just in case. Better safe than sorry.
On Tuesday, again in the middle of the night, the bug hit me... and it hit hard. I don't remember ever feeling as sick as I did on Wednesday. Luckily my wonderful husband worked from home, and took care of preparing the kids' meals as well as diaper changes. He earned a million gold stars for those tasks because I couldn't even think of food or foul smells without wanting to... well, you know. My mother-in-law also spent some time with the kids while Dave worked.
I spent the entire day in bed or on the couch, covered in blankets trying to get rid of my chills, and just waiting it out. The positive part is that I spent a lot of time reading, and I finished "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson. (What a fantastic book, by the way! This should be required reading for today's high school students, and could go a long way in improving world relations.)
By Thursday, I felt 100% better.
Last night, the sickness (as Amanda calls it) hit Daddy. As I sat at the breakfast table with the girls this morning, the following exchange took place.
Me: "We have to be very kind to Daddy today. He's very sick like Mama was the other day. We have to help make him feel better."
Amanda: "Okay. Would smiling at him be good?"
If only it were that easy.
Hold good thoughts for him. In the meantime, I need to go and put on my nurse hat once again.
1 comment:
So sorry you've all been sick!! Here's sending a big ol' pot of virtual chicken soup, and wishes for a speedy return to full health for the whole family!
Post a Comment