Amanda is obsessed with the concept of a sleepover.
Every single day, she asks if she can invite one of her little friends to our house for a sleepover, despite my telling her that she's too young for that type of thing.
I guess she is starting to accept that, and has now switched her efforts toward Eva.
She has asked how much longer til Eva can "cuddle" in her bed. I have told her not until Eva is 2, at the very least, because the bed sits dangerously high off the ground and requires a footstool just to get into it.
Today I was in the next room when I heard Amanda calling,"Mama, come look!"
I went into Amanda's bedroom and found Amanda "teaching" Eva how to sleep in a big girl bed. (Evidently she was trying to speed up the process.) Eva was only too eager to participate in the exercise.
After I helped Eva get back onto the bed, they continued where they left off.
"You need to cuddle with me because I had a long day."
"You have to do what I say. Mama, it's hard to teach a baby."
Cookies and marshmallows? A cookover nap? (I think she meant "cookout", by the way.)
Where does she come up with this stuff??
In any case, it's food for thought. Maybe one day we could get by with the girls sharing a bedroom.
I guess time will tell, but we'll wait until Eva can voice her opinion. I won't hold my breath.
2 comments:
Those last two postings were too much! It looks like Eva is holding her own, subverting Amanda's plans and directives. You are so right about imaginative play. It sounds like Amanda's preschool has a wonderful director and teachers.
The puppets are very nice, too.
your girls are simply too cute Carrie!! I have a friend with two girls about the same ages as A and E - and they now share a room and sleep together in a big double bed!!
Post a Comment